Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Dos Senoritas @ Gladesville

It's been a while since my last visit to Dos Senoritas. The dishes are a bit too heavy to eat often but there comes a day when I crave Mexican food. I haven't had lunch this day either so I was especially hungry. The last time the Man and I were here, we had one entree to share and two mains and couldn't eat our mains at all so this time, we ordered two entrees and one McDaddy burrito to share. We were worried whether we'll get through all of it but an entree shouldn't be that bad right?


The entrance. The first time I came here, I had to rest on that sofa for a while before I could set off.


Complimentary tortilla chips. The chips weren't as crunchy today but that didn't stop us devouring it all. It's not as salty as the ones you find at your supermarket so it's perfect as an appetizer to get you salivating and ready for your meal, provided you don't eat it all like us.


The sauce for the chips. If you find that something needs an extra hit, try some of this.


Sloppy 7 layered dip. I think this one was the one that filled us up. That bowl is full of meat, meat and more meat. I wish they gave us more guacomole and sour cream though. The meat was delicious but so thick that you need something refreshing to counterbalance it out.


It's like a do-it-your-own nachos dish. Place a spoonful on a chip and yum!


Cheese quesedilla with pork. Pronounced ke-se-di-ya (not la!), this is a widely recognised Mexican dish full of meat, cheese and some chopped veggies. You can make this simple dish at home as well if you're craving it one day.


Within the crispy and chewy layers is a thick cheesy porky mix. Even this is quite a lot and after the two entrees, we were past the level of satisfaction. The main was yet to come so we were quite worried...


This one may not taste as 'Mexican' as their other dishes because they don't add many spices to this dish. Like I mentioned before, use their jalapeno dip for extra flavouring if you find this mild for your taste. The rich layer of cheese was enough for me to have fun with the quesedilla.


The McDaddy. It's really the big daddy of their burritoes. Topped with three different sauces, pico (tomato salsa) and the guacamole, you need a really monstrous appetite to finish this if you want to have entrees and a dessert afterwards as well. I'm not sure what the red sauce is but it's quite tangy and has a slightly chili aftertaste. The white one is sour cream and the green one tastes like a jalapeno bean sauce. Once you bite into the burrito, you won't remember the sauce much anyways.


Comparing the size with his car keys. The burrito is so dense and packed with meat and beans. On top of that, there are Mexican styled tomato rice and baked beans on the side so this dish is an almost overly hearty dish.


We had one strip each and this was as far as we could go. My stomach felt so heavy and was about to burst but I couldn't stop eating the rice. The subtle spicy tomato flavour is addictive and the rice itself is light and moist.


In the end, we had to take away most of our meal. I had to waddle back to my car, arching my back like a pregnant lady. Even then, I couldn't help but feel a tang of guilt for leaving so much untouched. We gave the leftovers to my brother who like me is crazy about Mexican food and our guilt was put to rest.

We were so determined to finish our meals this time but we've been defeated yet again..


Dos Senoritas on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment