Friday, November 25, 2011

Del Mondo Pastries @ Concord

This Saturday was a sweltering hot day and even the morning air felt like a furnace. However, brunch is still a must and we ticked off another place at Concord, Del Mondo Pastries. They have a wide range of cakes and pastries as their name suggests, and even large cakes suitable for birthday parties. Their cakes were decorated simply but quite elegantly although I'm not sure about the taste. I must try it soon!


The outdoor seating is in front of the florist next door rather than the actual cafe itself because the pedestrian crossing is right in front of the cafe. It was hot, but everyone was sitting outside in the shining sun.


Iced coffee. A cold substitute for our morning coffee. They use their own homemade gelato. I think the flavour they gave us was caramel.


Food! abundantly placed on a huge oval plate.


My ricotta pancake. There wasn't much ricotta in there to be honest but the pancakes themselves were quite nice and thick. They gave 4 huge slices and I could only finish two. It's served with berry compote, whipped cream and maple syrup. I'm not a fan of cream so I didn't have any of that.


The berry compote was sweet and sour with huge chunks of strawberries and blueberries. All the red of the berries and white of the icing sugar and the green mint reminds me of Christmas which is just around the corner now!


They don't look that big but they are really thick. You can't taste the ricotta. So far, I think the best ricotta pancake I've ever tasted was at Bill's.


The big brekky for the Man as always. The bacon tasted a bit funky and didn't taste like bacon at all. We both love bacon but we couldn't bring ourselves to finish it.

The breakfast was overall okay but the next trip I'll make here will be to try out the cakes and sweets.

Del Mondo Pastries on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment