Sunday, October 16, 2011

Chat Thai @ Westfield Sydney

The famous Chat Thai with its cheap but delicious Thai food and humongous lines even at 11 pm. I didn't know there was a second floor to the food court/restaurant area until last Tuesday when I passed by a sign. Chat Thai? Definitely had to try it and a good excuse to meet up with my friends!


The decor is chic like the whole of Westfield and because it was lunch time, it was packed and there was already a long line. Many of the tables were sharing tables and even then there was no space. We didn't have to wait too long though and chose our dishes after salivating over the delectable pictures on the menu.


Khao na gai yaang - grilled tumeric and lemongrass marinated chicken with smoked chili and tamarind relish on rice. Grilled chicken, I didn't think much of it. Let's just say the first bite blew me away. The smoked chili and tamarind relish was so good. It was sweet and slightly chili, tasting a bit like plum sauce. The chicken was grilled perfectly so it was still juicy and tender but crispy on the outside. It has a subtle tumeric flavour.


That sauce was so addictive. I basically drowned my chicken in it before popping it in my mouth.


Mhu grob padt prik khing - stir fried crisp pork belly and wild ginger in red curry paste. The first impression of this dish isn't really appetizing because the pork looks overly coated with the red curry paste. The pork was chewy and the sauce was really nice but a bit spicy. Never underestimate Thai spicy or you'll suffer from ring burn the next day. It would be the dish to have if you're craving something saucy or full of flavour.


Yum yum.

Ba mee nahm bped - roasted duck and egg noodles in five spice broth. I am so craving this so much right now!!! The noodles are marinaded in the five spice broth, which has a slight soy sauce flavour but in a nice way. It's served in a huge chunky bowl and I realized again how important the dishes are when presenting food.


The noodles are chewy and just lovely. Normally you would expect stir fried noodles with thai food or in a noodle soup so this was a delicious change to my expectations.

I craved Chat Thai since this day. I'll be returning asap.

Chat Thai Westfield Sydney on Urbanspoon


No comments:

Post a Comment